A new plugin has been borne and we can’t wait to announce the good news. That’s the UNMS Mpesa plugin.
This plugin is aimed at ISPs who run on UNMS & UCRM and rely on M-Pesa to process customer payments. We believe in making work easier & this plugin does just that!
How to install & set up UNMS Mpesa Plugin.
This guide assumes that you have already installed UNMS & you have your Mpesa PayBill or Till Number. These can be acquired through Safaricom or KopoKopo.
Let’s get our hands dirty!
- Download the plugin.
- Log into your UNMS system.
- Switch to UCRM by click on CRM link at the top.
- First, creating a new App Key.
- From the left menu, scroll down and click on Security under System.
- Click on App Keys tab then click on +App key button.
- Type a name for your new App Key e.g Mpesa and toggle the Type to Write (It is Read by default). Click on Save.
- Copy your APP KEY as issued by UNMS. Paste it to a safer location as we will need it during of our plugins installation.
- From the left menu again, scroll down to System then click on Plugins.
- Click on Upload plugin.
- Click on browse & locate the file that you downloaded from Shujaa Host then Click on Upload button.
- After UNMS has finished installing the plugin, scroll down and click on Enable.
- In the App Key field, paste the app key that we copied in step 8 above.
- Under Send Payment Receipt field, set it to Yes or No accordingly.
- Under Account Number Format, indicate whether your customers should use CUSTOM ID or their CLIENT ID as the MPesa account number when making payments.
- Click on Save & Enable to finish the process.