What is an email address?
An email address is a distinctive identifier for an email account and is used to send and receive email messages over the internet. In this guide I’ll walk you through a series of steps to help you create your email address in cPanel.
An added benefit of web hosting is that you can create your brand’s email addresses in the same account hosting your website. Personalized email addresses are good for business branding especially if you are hosting a website for a business or company. In your Shujaa Host account, you can create email address in DirectAdmin.
Its very simple to create one. Just follow the steps bellow and you’ll be up and running with your email.
How to create email addresses in cPanel
- Login to your DirectAdmin. To log into your DirectAdmin, visit your website address in your preferred browser. Normally you should type the address like this www.yourdomain.com:2222. Just remember to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.
- In your DirectAdmin account, click on E-mail Accounts.
- On the page that opens next, click on Create Account button.
- Type your email username. For example, if you need to create email@example.com, in the email field enter the prefix john
- Create your preferred password. Remember to create a strong password. To create a strong password, your password should contain a mixture of small letters, capital letters, numbers and special characters. A good password should be easier for you to memorize and harder for others.
- Set your mailbox size quota. By default, this is 50MB. You can increase this or set it to Max.
- Once done, click on create account.
- Test your account by logging into your webmail.