Have you ever sent an email using your webmail and it shows a totally different time when it was sent? By default, webmail uses the host server’s time zone. In this article I’ll demonstrate how you can change time zone in Webmail so that you can use your local time zone in Horde, Roundcube and SquirrelMail webmail clients.
All web hosting accounts hosted with ShujaaHost come with WebMail.
Changing time zone in Horde.
If you use Horde as your Webmail client, follow the steps below to set your default time zone.
- Log into Horde.
- Click Options in the left-hand pane.
- Click on Global Options.
- Under Your Information section, click on Locale and Time.
- Select your time zone.
- Click on Save Options to finish.
Changing time zone in Roundcube.
If you use Roundcube as your Webmail client, follow the steps below to set your default time zone.
- Log into Roundcube.
- Click on Settings.
- Select User Interface.
- Under your Time zone select your preferred time zone, in this case you should set it to Africa/Nairobi
- Click on Save to finish.
Change time zone in SquirrelMail.
If you prefer SquirrelMail as your Webmail client, follow the steps below to set your default time zone.
- Log into SquirrelMail.
- Click on Options.
- Click on Personal Information.
- Under Timezone options, select your preferred time zone. In this case select Africa/Nairobi.
Official webmail documentation can be found here.